Grilled Avocado Quesadilla
* 2 2 2poblano chiles, roasted
* 2/3 .66 .66cup CUP_USVolumeManchego cheese, shredded finely
* 1/2 .5 .5cup CUP_USVolumePanela cheese, crumbled
* 3 3 3Tbsp. TABLESPOON_USVolumeCotija cheese, shredded finely or grated
* Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
* 1 1 1ripe, Fresh Hass Avocado, peeled and sliced about 3/8-inch thick
* 1 1 1Tbsp. TABLESPOON_USVolumefresh lime or lemon juice
* 1 1 1Tbsp. TABLESPOON_USVolumeolive oil
* Salt, to taste
* 4 4 4(10-inch) flour tortillas
* 2 2 2Tbsp. TABLESPOON_USVolumeunsalted butter
* 1 1 1cup CUP_USVolumesalsa fresca
1. Peel chiles, remove stem, seed and tough membranes. Slice thinly.
2. Mix cheeses together with black pepper and set aside.
3. Brush each slice of
4. Grill, turning once, until lightly browned with grill marks; reserve.
5. Lay tortillas on a clean work surface. Divide cheese among the tortillas, placing just on one half of each tortilla.
6. On top of cheese evenly distribute the poblano strips and grilled avocado slices.
7. Drizzle each quesadilla with 1 Tbsp. salsa, if desired.
8. Melt butter in a large frying pan. Brown quesadilla on both sides over medium heat.
9. Cover pan for a minute or so to finish melting cheese.
10. Cut each quesadilla into 4 pieces. Serve 2 pieces per serving with remaining salsa on the side.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 310; Total Fat 18 g (Sat 6 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 1 g, Mono 6 g); Cholesterol 25 mg; Sodium 680 mg; Potassium 326 mg; Total Carbohydrates 26 g; Dietary Fiber 4 g; Total Sugars 3 g; Protein 11 g; Vitamin A 1069 (IU); Vitamin C 5 mg; Calcium 123 mg; Iron 2 mg; Vitamin D 0 (IU); Folate 60 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.1 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 15%; Iron 10% *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Grilled Avocado Quesadillas also make a delicious entrée. Simply increase serving size to 1 or 2 quesadillas per person.
To roast the chiles hold them over an open flame or roast at 425 degrees F in the oven until the skin is blistered on all sides. Immediately place in a paper bag, roll the top down and allow chiles to steam for a few minutes. Then, when cool enough to handle, peel off the outer skin.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.