Peach Crisp Recipe Made With Fresh Peaches
Recipe For Fresh Peach Crisp Topped with Sweetened Whipped Cream
© Donna Diegel
Jul 29, 2008
Peach Crisp with Fresh Peaches, Donna Diegel
Ripe juicy fuzzy peaches baked and topped with butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and oatmeal crisp. Serve it warm with a scoop of homemade ice cream or whipped cream! Yummy!
Peach season is here and that means it's time to make Peach Crisp! Peach Crisp is a refreshing dessert to serve on a hot summer night after supper. Filled with good things like oats, butter, brown sugar and of course fresh peaches, this is the perfect peach dessert for a scoop of homemade ice cream or freshly whipped cream!
Baking With Fresh, Frozen & Canned Peaches
Before making this Peach Crisp Recipe, be sure to read Baking With Fresh, Frozen & Canned Peaches. This article has lots of useful information and how-to tips on how to peel fresh peaches, how many peaches are in a pound and how to use frozen peaches and much more.
Don't Have a Food Processor?
The crisp portion of this recipe can also be made without a food processor. Measure out 1 cup flour, 3/4 cup brown sugar, oatmeal and cinnamon into a large bowl. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut the butter into the dough until it resembles coarse meal. Spread topping evenly over peaches and continue on with the remaining directions.
Peach Crisp Recipe
* 6 cups fresh or frozen peach slices, peeled and pitted
* 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
* 1/4 cup unbleached flour
* 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
* 1 cup unbleached flour
* 3/4 cup brown sugar
* 3/4 cup rolled oatmeal
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 4 ounces (1 stick) butter, cold, cut in 8 pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Butter a 9" X 9" glass baking pan or 2 quart stoneware baking dish. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, toss peeled and pitted ripe peach slices with 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 flour and lemon juice and arrange in prepared baking dish. Set aside.
4. Combine 1 cup flour, 3/4 cup brown sugar, oatmeal and cinnamon in the bowl of a food processor, and pulse until blended.
5. With the food processor running, add cold butter a few pieces at a time. Pulse until the butter is incorporated and looks like coarse meal.
6. Spread topping ingredients evenly over the peaches and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until peaches are bubbling through and the topping is starting to brown. Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes or more before serving.
7. Serve warm with Sweetened Whipped Cream (below) or your choice of ice cream!
8. Refrigerate any leftovers if there are any left!
9. Serves 6.
This Peach Crisp Recipe can be jazzed up by adding blackberries, raspberries or cherries for color, sliced almonds and almond extract for taste or pure maple syrup for sweetness. Experiment with different fruits and spices. Substitute apples for the peaches and voilą! Apple Crisp!
Sweetened Whipped Cream
* 2 cups heavy cream
* 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. In large mixing bowl, whip heavy whipping cream until almost stiff.
2. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla and whip until stiff. Do not over whip cream.
1 hour | 25 min prep
Apr 22, 2002
I love the flavor of toasted oats...and combined with juicy peaches and cinnamon in a warm crisp, it's the ultimate comfort food. I have also made this recipe using half peaches and half apples...just as delicious!
SERVES 6 (change servings and units)
* 6 cups peaches, peeled and sliced (or canned peaches can be used)
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 1/4 cup liquid honey
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 cup rolled oat
* 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
* 1/2 cup soft butter
Place peaches in a 9 inch square pan.
Sprinkle with lemon juice and then drizzle with honey.
In medium bowl, mix together remaining ingredients using a pastry blender or fork.
Sprinkle mixture evenly over peaches.
Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 35-40 minutes or until top is golden brown.