Roasted Spicy Garbanzo Beans
"A healthy dish filled with good complex carbohydrates, fiber and protein. Fat-free Feta works great with this recipe. This recipe makes a great afternoon snack or delicious side dish."
PREP TIME 10 Min
COOK TIME 30 Min
READY IN 40 Min
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 3 cloves roasted garlic, mashed into a paste
* 1/8 teaspoon cumin
* 1 dash cayenne pepper
* 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
* 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
* 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Pour the olive oil into an ovenproof pan. Stir the garlic, cumin, and cayenne pepper into the olive oil and mix well. Add the garbanzo beans and toss to coat evenly.
3. Bake in preheated oven until garbanzo beans turn golden, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven, and sprinkle with feta cheese and thyme. Serve warm.