Sun-Dried Tomato Tilapia in a Bag
Cooking fish in a parchment bag results in a moist, flaky fish. This dish is great not only because it’s light but because it is simple to put together.
* 8 Sheets of parchment paper
* 8 c. fresh Spinach, washed and dried
* Nonstick Cooking Spray fat-free
* 1 c. Carrots, shredded or matchstick cut
* 1 Red Pepper, cut into thin strips
* 8 Tbsp Sun-dried Tomato Vinaigrette Salad Dressing, fat-free
* All –purpose Salt Free Seasoning, to taste
* 4 Tbsp Sun-dried Tomatoes, chopped
* 4 ea 8-10 oz pieces of Tilapia, skin off*
Layering the bag:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spray each sheet of parchment paper lightly with Non-stick Cooking Spray on top side only.
3. Place ¼ Spinach in the center of each of 4 of the parchment paper pieces; add ¼ of the Carrots and ¼ of the Red Pepper slices to each stack.
4. Top each Spinach and Vegetable stack with 1 Tbsp Sun-dried Tomato Vinaigrette.
5. Place one piece of Tilapia on top of the Spinach and Vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with Salt Free Seasoning and top with 1 Tbsp chopped Sun-dried Tomatoes and 1 Tbsp Sun-dried Tomato Vinaigrette.
Sealing the bag:
1. Place one sheet of the parchment, sprayed side down on top of each piece of the tilapia.
2. Crimp the two sheets of parchment paper like a piecrust until the bottom and the top are completely sealed.
1. Place the bags of tilapia onto a cookie sheet and cook in a 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until the fish reaches an internal temperature of 140-150 degrees.
2. Place the bag onto a plate and slice the parchment open at the table to enjoy.
* Other fresh fish species that work well with this dish includes Snapper, Grouper, Salmon, Halibut, Red Rockfish and Wahoo.