Chili's Boneless Buffalo Wings
by Todd Wilbur
This clone of
Chili's new menu items gives us the zesty flavor of traditional
without the bones or skin. That's because these "wings" are actually nuggets sliced from chicken
breast fillets that are breaded and fried, then smothered with the same type of spicy wing sauce
used on typical wings. If you like Buffalo wings, you'll love this recipe. Serve these babies up
with some celery sticks and bleu cheese dressing on the side for dipping. Now you can actually
eat Buffalo wings with a fork!
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 cup milk
2 chicken breast fillets
4-6 cups vegetable oil
Crystal or Frank's
1 tablespoon margarine
On the side
bleu cheese dressing (for dipping)
1. Combine flour, salt, peppers and paprika in a medium bowl.
2. In another small bowl, whisk together egg and milk.
3. Slice each chicken breast into 6 pieces. Preheat 4-6 cups of vegetable oil in a deep fryer to 375
4. One or two at a time, dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture, then into the breading
blend; then repeat the process so that each piece of chicken is double-coated.
5. When all chicken pieces have been breaded, arrange them on a plate and chill for 15 minutes.
6. When the chicken is done resting, drop each piece into the hot oil and fry for 5-6 minutes or
until each piece is browned.
7. As chicken fries, combine the hot sauce and margarine in a small bowl. Microwave sauce for
20-30 seconds or just until the margarine is melted, then stir to combine. You can also use a small
saucepan for this step. Just combine the hot sauce and margarine in the saucepan over low heat
and stir until margarine is melted and ingredients are blended.
8. When chicken pieces are done frying, remove them to a plate lined with a couple paper towels.
9. Place the chicken pieces into a covered container such as a large jar with a lid. Pour the sauce
over the chicken in the container, cover, and then shake gently until each piece of chicken is
coated with sauce. Pour the chicken onto a plate and serve the dish with bleu cheese dressing
and sliced celery on the side. (http://www.topsecretrecipes.com)
Serves 2-4 as an appetizer.