By Angelia Sexton
1 cup chopped onion 2 TBLS Chili powder
1 cup chopped bell pepper 3 tsp salt
1 clove garlic 1/4 tsp black pepper
2 # ground beef 1/8 tsp paprika
2 cans tomatoes (14.5oz) 2 bay leaves
1 can tomato paste (6 oz) 1 tsp cumin
2 cans chili beans 1 tsp dried basil leaves
Cheddar Cheese Dash Cayenne
1) Brown meat, onion, bell pepper and garlic. Drain well.
2) Add tomatoes, tomato paste and mix well.
3) Add spices (everything except beans). Simmer, the longer the better. At least an hour
4) Add beans and heat gently several minutes.
5) Sprinkle with cheese and enjoy! Serves 8.